The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the City of Joliet, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Joliet Police Department.
Salary: $49,726 - $100,612 (12 years)
Sworn Police Officers: 260
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the City of Joliet:
- U.S. citizenship
- No felony convictions
- Valid state-issued driver's license
- Minimum of 21 years of age and UNDER 35 years of age by the application deadline date (September 24, 2014), unless otherwise exempt by state statute
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Must successfully complete a written examination, oral interview and background investigation
- Must successfully complete the state certified P.O.W.E.R. Test, polygraph, medical and vision examination and psychological testing
- Pay a $40.00 non-refundable application processing fee
Preference Points will be awarded for either of the following
- Military Experience: 5 points for 1 year of active duty U.S. military service members with an Honorable Discharge. DD-214 must be submitted with application to qualify.
- City of Joliet Residency: A maximum of 5 points may be awarded for applicants with primary residency in the City of Joliet PRIOR to the date of application. 1/2 of a point will be awarded for each 6 months of residency. Proof of residency such as valid Illinois Drivers’ License, current utility bill, or other valid proof of residency must be submitted with application. Documentation is required for each 6 month interval of residency to qualify.
Submission of Application
Applications MUST be submitted online by Wednesday, September 24, 2014 at 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing: Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following. Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date: Mandatory Orientation and Written Exam: Saturday, October 18, 2014 - Time and location to be determined. All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their eligibility to continue in the process and specific information pertaining to the testing location and start time.Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants: As part of this application form, you will be required to submit various documents, records and/or additional forms. Be sure to allow sufficient time to gather this documentation and fully complete the application before the deadline. In other words, do not wait until one day before the deadline to collect and submit additional required documentation. In order for your application to be accepted, all materials must be submitted and received prior to the deadline.
The City of Joliet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.